Today I realized that so many times my work (graphic design) also means “let it go” 🙂
– When the client ask for a certain color, that you don’t fancy too much in that particular case
– Doing multiple changes to the same layout – when you get to version number 12 , you get very peaceful, believe me
– Receiving almost impossible requests, or kitsch / vulgar ideas
– When your beautiful creation isn’t approved for some bogus reason
– When you work for many hours and at the end of the project you found out that wont go live
I learned this after a couple of years – to let it go…
Everything is how it should be, there’s no need to argue with reality.
I’m a work in progress :D, I don’t get the zen attitude all the time, but I’m working on it 100%.
* * * * * * *
Design is altruism because you think about the recipient not about the designer.
Designul adevarat inseamna altruism petru ca te adresezi in primul rand unui beneficiar / privitor si nu pui pe primul rand designerul cu preferintle lui. Un designer intr-un process de creatie trebuie sa renunte in mod repetat la versiuni ale creatiilor sale pana ajunge la un rezultat rafinat.